Friday, December 14, 2012

Clothing Mayhap

        Argh! Ok so I'm having a really tough time with clothing lately and creating a style for myself that I feel good in. I used to dress in just about anything that was my size so long as it looked half decent. Fit didn't matter to me then, heck being comfortable in my clothing wasn't anything I worried about either, so long as it fit. I'm sure you can all agree that when you're heavier you don't get to wear all the beautiful clothes. You wear flowers, stuff that's to tight because its a pain to always try everything on in those tiny fitting rooms. Half the stuff is to small and you work up a sweat trying to pull it all on. Trying clothing on when you weigh almost 260 pounds or more is a chore and embarrassing. I got so I'd estimate my size and just grab what looked like it fit. More then half the time the items either were tight or I couldn't get them over my head. It was horrendous. I got so I'd throw a sweater over everything I wore, and that was a poorly fitting sweater too.
         My problem now is that I do have a lot of options and while I've migrated to actually trying on clothes I still break out in a sweat and end up rushing out of the room straight after I've tried everything on. I'm getting better but the preconceived notion of everything not fitting is still there and its almost like a constriction in the throat. Now that my options have expanded greatly my tastes have changed but to what? I don't know. I'm still trying to figure that out. I follow a few blogs to get a few ideas of what looks good but most of these girls have killer body's. Me...I'm still working on mine.
I need a friend with killer fashion sense and my body type to follow. Like that is going to happen.
         I guess I'll have to figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment